Using computer is one of the most favored past time nowadays. With the features that upgraded computers can offer, you are more likely to stick in front of your pc and do anything with it as long as you are happy. But when computer performance is poor, disappointments are never far to happen. Slow PCs are irritating and often make you frustrated and angry. Perhaps, you would never dare to imagine a situation when you are about to make an important assignment but prevented from doing it because your computer hangs up or runs as slow as a sick turtle. Thus, improving your computer’s performance is the ultimate solution to your aching problem.
Here are some useful ideas on how to speed up your computer.
- Remove unnecessary or rarely-used programs on Start menu, desktop and task bar. Computer programs on these locations consume your computer’s memory, thus adversely affecting how your computer performs. Delete the icons you think are not importance. You can do this by right-clicking on the icon and select “Delete.” You do not have to worry when doing this because the programs still stay on your computer. You only get rid of the icons, not the programs.
- Install antivirus program. Only a fool who continuously uses internet without have an antivirus installed on the computer. Virus is perhaps the main reason why a computer becomes slow. If it is your first-time to buy a computer, ensure that an antivirus program is installed. This prevents viruses to invade your computer hardware while accessing the net or using flash drives. Also, schedule a virus scan for maintenance.
- Turn on your computer firewall. Turning on your firewall minimizes your chance of being under attack by viruses, malicious programs or malware. In some cases, viruses tend to turn off firewall once they invade your computer system. If you think you are attacked, run your antivirus program to perform a quick scan.
- Delete browser history. Always delete the history on your browser. This also consumes your computer’s memory. If possible, go to your browser’s settings and disable the option that allows the remembering of every site you visit. Also, delete cookies and caches.
- Delete temporary files. Like the browser history, files in the temporary folder are memory consumers. To locate the folder, go to “run” and type %temp%. Delete everything that you see in it.
- Empty recycle bin. Increasing number of files inside the recycle bin can potentially affect your computer performance. If you think that there are no more items to restore, delete all recycle bin files or just simply click on “empty.”
Computer performance does not always rely on techniques. You should choose a computer with good specs to ensure great user-experience. The tips provided should be able to increase the speed of your computer.
Thinker. Coffee enthusiast. Pop culture trailblazer. Writer. Wannabe zombie evangelist. Beer maven. Entrepreneur.